Mega Char Whole House Water Filters 50 litre
Available in 50 / 75 / 100 and 150 litres
The Mega Char can be used with the correct media on Borehole filtration installations, subject to a water analysis being submitted to us.
This Mega Char can be used with Glass media (Grade1) contact us to get a quote.
How does a mega char work?
The mega char is a fibre glass vessel that can be filled with different media designed to filter water obtained from municipal, borehole, well point or rain water source. Depending on your requirements and water quality one or more of the filtration medias are used to fill the fibre glass vessel. Filtration media, coconut shell activated carbon and iron removal media is used most often.
The tubular design that is used, makes it more effective than similar filters because of the longer "detention time" that the water has with the media. The water flows from the top down through a tightly packed bed of media, which allows the water to be filtered completely. Pushing up through the riser tube, the water is directed to either filter, backwash or rinse. The backwash and rinse cycles ensures that the filter stays clean on the inside and prevents the water from forming tunnels through the media. It also extends the lifetime of the media. Automatic and manual valves are available for backwash and rinse functions
Why a Pure Water 4 Life mega char?
- The mega char stands head and shoulders above similar products for whole house filtration.
- The backwash and rinse capability lengthens the lifetime of media and ensures lower maintenance fees.
- The tubular design ensures a longer detention time with the media which increases the effectiveness of the filter
- The fibre glass vessel can handle a maximum pressure of 6bar.
- Automatic and manual valves available for backwash and rinse function
What you get:
- 1 x Manual Head
- 1 x 1054-2.5 (50l fibre glass vessel 150psi)
- 1 x Riser Pipe
- 1 x Top Distributor
- 1 x Bottom Distributor
- 1 x Bag of Activated Carbon
- 1 x Bag of Clin Media
maximum pressure: 6bar
maximum flow rate: 2500lph
port size: 25mm
Parts and Consumables:
Disclaimer: Mega chars are intended for household use and limits apply to water quality and quantity. Have your water tested before installing a mega char to ensure that it is the right solution. It is important to note that the volume of water put through the unit as well as the quality of the water will greatly influence the lifetime of the media.