Reverse Osmosis 5 Stage water filter system with booster pump – 75GPD
Why do I need a water purifier?
South Africa is a water scarce country and we simply don't have enough water for a growing demand. The only way we can keep supplying water to everyone is by recycling our water and allowing less and less water to run off into the sea. The problem is that every time the water gets recycled it becomes more and more polluted. Most sewage treatment plants aren't even meeting the very basic standards that are required for water recycling and quite often raw sewage ends up in our rivers.
Wastewater from mines and industry pollute our water even further. The fact is that the water coming out of most taps today has become a health risk instead of a health benefit. Installing a water purifier removes that risk and replaces it with the valuable health benefit that is pure water!
How does reverse osmosis work?
- Reverse osmosis is the most advanced process of water purification for drinking water purposes, below are some specifications:
- Removes 99% of bacteria and viruses
- Removes 95% of chemicals and heavy metals
- Uses a semi-permeable membrane that removes everything bigger than 0,0001 of a micron (that is a millimeter divided into 10 000 000 pieces!)
- Prevents bacteria growth in the system by automatically washing out everything the membrane removes
- Household system purifies at approximately 10 litres per hour and has a storage tank that keeps approximately 10 litres of water in reserve to ensure that you always have enough drinking water available
Reverse Osmosis System Stages:
Stage 1:Sediment pre-filter (5 Micron), removes large particles from the water that is visible to the human eye, these particles include mud, rust, dirt, floating particulates or any other large particle.
Stage 2: Activated Carbon pre-filter to remove ozone, pesticides, lime & chlorine.
Stage 3: Carbon block pre-filter reduces fine sediment, chlorine taste and reduce the concentration of heavy metals such as lead and copper.
Stage 4: 75 GPD TFC Reverse Osmosis Membrane is what removes particles that are not visible to the human eye, such as pesticides, herbicides, bacteria, viruses, parasites and metals. The membrane is continuously flushed in order to prevent blockage and build up of bacteria on the membrane.
Stage 5: Inline GAC filter, a filter with granular activated carbon (GAC) is a proven option to remove certain chemicals, particularly organic chemicals, from the water. GAC filters also can be used to remove chemicals that give objectionable odours or tastes to water such as hydrogen sulfide (rotten eggs odour) or chlorine.
- If water pressure is below 3 bar, an RO system with a booster pump is recommended.
- Installation is straightforward and all parts necessary for installation are included. Please ensure that installation is done correctly.
- Replacement filters are available and can be purchased from us directly. Please replace filters every 6 to 12 months depending on incoming water quality. Membrane should be replaced between 1 and 2 years of use also depending on incoming water quality.
- All filters are included in this package price!
What you get:
- 1 x Mounting bracket
- 1 x 10 Inch Sediment Filter Pre-filter
- 1 x 10 Inch Coconut Shell Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) Pre-filter
- 1 x 10 Inch Coconut Shell Carbon Block 5 Micron Pre-filter
- 1 x 75 GPD Reverse Osmosis membrane
- 1 x T33 Post Activated Carbon Taste & Odour Filter
- 1 x Plastic housing spanner (special tool for replacing the filters)
- 1/4" White Tubing
- 3 x 10" Light Blue Filter Housings
- 1 x RO Membrane Housing
- 1 x 12 Liters Storage Tank
- 1 x Long Reach Chrome Faucet
- Pipe Fittings
- 1 x Booster pump
- 1 x Flow restrictor
Parts and Consumables:
3 Stage RO replacement pack: for system with light blue housings (Replace every 3-6 months or when the water pressure drops)
75GPD Membrane (Replace every 12 months or when the water pressure drops)
Post Carbon Filter (Replace every 12 months or when the water pressure drops)
Disclaimer: Purifiers intended for household use and limits apply to water quality and quantity. Have your water tested before installing a water purifier to ensure that it is the right solution. It is important to note that the volume of water put through the unit as well as the quality of the water will greatly influence the lifetime of the filters.
|34 × 32 × 57 cm
|34 × 32 × 57 cm