Ballast for 55 watt UV – 220V/AC with Alarm and waterproof nut
This ballast is used for a 4 pin 55 watt uv bulb.
Ballast comes standard with sound alarm and green and red light to indicate work or fault mode.
How does Ultra Violet Light work?
UV rays can destroy 99.99% of harmful micro-organisms without adding chemicals or changing your water's taste or odour. Ultraviolet light (UV) is a natural part of the sunlight and is widely accepted as a reliable, efficient and environmentally friendly solution for water disinfection. The UV lamp utilizes the application of particularly efficient UV radiator with a 254nm wave length to cause immediate death to organisms and wipe out their ability to survive and reproduce.
The water is exposed to UV radiation in a specially designed chamber that provides intimate contact of the water with the UV light source. Bacteria and other living organisms absorb the energy, which destroys or inactivates their DNA, thus preventing the bacteria from reproducing. Similarly, chemicals and organic compounds also absorb the energy and they are broken down into smaller and more harmless molecules.
The effectiveness of UV light depends on a number of factors: the length of time a micro-organism is exposed to UV, power fluctuations of the UV source that impact the EM wavelength, the presence of particles that can protect the micro- organisms from UV, and a micro-organism's ability to withstand UV during its exposure. It is advisable to always filter the water before it goes through the UV light to ensure that all lose particles are removed. It is also important to ensure that the UV light used is big enough for the maximum flow that can go through the system.
Other items you may be interested in:
55W UV light Bulb (Replace every 12 months) 910mm in length
55W UV Glass Sleeve (Spare) 940mm in length
|20 × 20 × 20 cm
When will my order be delivered?
- All orders placed will be Delivered within 3 to 5 workdays.
- Location and the size of the order will be factors that contribute to when exactly your order will be delivered.
How much is the delivery fee?
- Each product has a specific delivery fee which can be viewed in your Shopping Cart before checkout.
Who will deliver my order?
- Pure Water 4 Life makes use of reliable third-party contracted couriers with national delivery networks.
Where do we deliver to?
- Delivery takes place to all cities and towns within South Africa.
- There could be occasional remote or high-risk areas that may not be serviced by our couriers.
- In these isolated cases, we will contact the customer to make alternative arrangements before dispatching the order.
How will I know when my order is on its way?
- Once we dispatch your order, we will email the parcel tracking details to you.
- The tracking number may be used to track your parcel directly with the courier or with our sales office.
- You can do this telephonically or on the relevant websites.
Is there anything else I should take note of when my order arrives?
- The number of items you have ordered may not necessarily correspond to the number of containers delivered on the waybill.
- Note that more than one item may be packaged per container.
- Ensure that the number of containers delivered to you matches the quantity listed on the waybill.
- Don’t sign for goods that you have not received.
- If the packaging has damage, please note this on the waybill.
- Report any damage/shortage to us within two business days.
- We advise you to read our Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.
|20 × 20 × 20 cm