Filtration media – Glass media (Grade 1) – 20kg
Please check stock availability before placing your order!
Glass filter media effectively filters microplastics, organic matter and heavy metals as small as 5 microns from the water.
These contaminants are easily removed from the filter bed vis shorter, slower backwashes (which themselves save water and energy).
It has a surface negative charge density which works well with coagulants and flocculants to remove dissolved components.
Glass filter media prevents the growth of bacteria in the filter bed, completely eliminating bio coagulation. The channeling that occurs in sand filters is also eliminated. Silica Sand is a natural resource, hence over time as the water passes through the media either via normal filtering or backwashing, it's particle size decreases and in some cases the media hardens. It therefore creates pressure fluctuations, affecting the efficiency of your water filtration system. Glass filter media doesn't harden or cause pressure drops in your filter system. The media is much more durable and consistent during the filters lifecycle.
The glass filter media will last as long as your filter does and in that time will continue to provide crystal clear water, reducing the need for chlorine and thereby vastly reducing harmful chloramines and other by-products of disinfection.
- Negative charge prevents bacterial growth
- Superior filtration
- Reduced backwash time
- Longer lifetime
- 100% recyclable
- Self -sterilizing
- Four times more effective than sand
- Engineered to be highly electrostatic
|56 × 34 × 15 cm
When will my order be delivered?
- All orders placed will be Delivered within 3 to 5 workdays.
- Location and the size of the order will be factors that contribute to when exactly your order will be delivered.
How much is the delivery fee?
- Each product has a specific delivery fee which can be viewed in your Shopping Cart before checkout.
Who will deliver my order?
- Pure Water 4 Life makes use of reliable third-party contracted couriers with national delivery networks.
Where do we deliver to?
- Delivery takes place to all cities and towns within South Africa.
- There could be occasional remote or high-risk areas that may not be serviced by our couriers.
- In these isolated cases, we will contact the customer to make alternative arrangements before dispatching the order.
How will I know when my order is on its way?
- Once we dispatch your order, we will email the parcel tracking details to you.
- The tracking number may be used to track your parcel directly with the courier or with our sales office.
- You can do this telephonically or on the relevant websites.
Is there anything else I should take note of when my order arrives?
- The number of items you have ordered may not necessarily correspond to the number of containers delivered on the waybill.
- Note that more than one item may be packaged per container.
- Ensure that the number of containers delivered to you matches the quantity listed on the waybill.
- Don’t sign for goods that you have not received.
- If the packaging has damage, please note this on the waybill.
- Report any damage/shortage to us within two business days.
- We advise you to read our Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.
|56 × 34 × 15 cm