Mega Char Borehole & Rainwater Whole House Water Filter System 50 litre – Automatic
The Mega Char can be used with the correct media on Borehole filtration installations, subject to a water analysis being submitted to us.
This Mega Char can be used with Glass media (Grade1) contact us to get a quote.
- sediment & loose particle removal
- improves taste & odour
- removes chlorine
- removes organic contaminants
- final polishing filter
- destroy viruses & bacteria
Stages of Filtration:
- Automatic Mega Char
The mega char is a Fibre glass vessel that can be filled with different media designed to filter water obtained from municipal, borehole, well point or rain water source. Depending on your requirements and water quality one or more of the filtration media can be used to fill the fibre glass vessel. Filtration media, coconut shell activated carbon and iron removal media is used most often.
The tubular design that is used, makes it more effective than similar filters because of the longer "detention time" that the water has with the media. The water flows from the top down through a tightly packed bed of media, which allows the water to be filtered completely. Pushing up through the riser tube, the water is directed to either filter, backwash or rinse. The backwash and rinse cycles ensures that the filter stays clean on the inside and prevents the water from forming tunnels through the media. It also extends the lifetime of the media. Automatic and manual valves are available for backwash and rinse functions.
- Polishing Filter
This is a 1 micron sediment filter for finer filtration. It is also used as a polishing filter before the UV light. This is to ensure that the UV light receives clear water which in turn will ensure effective penetration of the UV light through the water.
- Sterilization filter
This is a stainless steel UV light used to sterilize the water. UV rays can destroy 99.99% of harmful micro-organisms without adding chemical or changing your water's taste or odour. Ultraviolet light (UV) is a natural part of sunlight and is widely accepted as a reliable, efficient and environmentally friendly solution for water disinfection. The UV lamp utilizes the application of a particularly efficient UV radiator with a 254nm wave length which will kill organisms and wipe out their ability to survive and reproduce, The water is exposed to UV radiation in a specially designed chamber that provides intimate contact of the water with the UV light source. Bacteria and other living organisms absorb the energy, which destroys or inactivates their DNA, thus preventing the bacteria from reproducing. Similarly, chemicals and organic compounds also absorb the energy and they are broken down into smaller and more harmless molecules.
- maximum pressure: 6bar
- maximum flow rate: 2500lph
- port size: 25mm
- power consumption: SDE-055: 55watt
- power consumption: F67C1: 3watt
Parts and Consumables:
55W UV light Bulb (Replace every 12 months)
55W UV Ballast (Spare)
55W UV Glass Sleeve (Spare)
20" Big Blue 1 micron sediment filter (Replace every 6 months or when pressure drops)
Disclaimer: Mega chars are intended for household use and limits apply to water quality and quantity. Have your water tested before installing a mega char to ensure that it is the right solution. It is important to note that the volume of water put through the unit as well as the quality of the water will greatly influence the lifetime of the media.
|48 × 48 × 164 cm
When will my order be delivered?
- All orders placed will be Delivered within 3 to 5 workdays.
- Location and the size of the order will be factors that contribute to when exactly your order will be delivered.
How much is the delivery fee?
- Each product has a specific delivery fee which can be viewed in your Shopping Cart before checkout.
Who will deliver my order?
- Pure Water 4 Life makes use of reliable third-party contracted couriers with national delivery networks.
Where do we deliver to?
- Delivery takes place to all cities and towns within South Africa.
- There could be occasional remote or high-risk areas that may not be serviced by our couriers.
- In these isolated cases, we will contact the customer to make alternative arrangements before dispatching the order.
How will I know when my order is on its way?
- Once we dispatch your order, we will email the parcel tracking details to you.
- The tracking number may be used to track your parcel directly with the courier or with our sales office.
- You can do this telephonically or on the relevant websites.
Is there anything else I should take note of when my order arrives?
- The number of items you have ordered may not necessarily correspond to the number of containers delivered on the waybill.
- Note that more than one item may be packaged per container.
- Ensure that the number of containers delivered to you matches the quantity listed on the waybill.
- Don’t sign for goods that you have not received.
- If the packaging has damage, please note this on the waybill.
- Report any damage/shortage to us within two business days.
- We advise you to read our Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.
|48 × 48 × 164 cm